Today we're tipping our hats to two lovely Verve Divas...Charmaine (Charmie) and Marisa. Bright blooms refers to Charmaine's knack for combining bold, cherry colors with her wonderful, clever cards. The butterfly portion of the title refers to Marisa...who's eye for pairing lovely designs with fabulous die cuts, specifically butterflies and flowers (and of course Maple leaves!) is always right on target. I've long since admired her pretty rolled up flowers and I tried really hard to make mine as delicate as hers. Marisa also uses fabulous bursts of color too, but, I myself tend to shy away from bright colors. However, I do like the way this card turned out. I used Crate Paper's Farmhouse collection and added loads of Verve dies, namely the Curvy Bookplate die which encompasses both a Mini Bookplate die and a Flag-It die for the sentiment. That overlays two Banner Bundle dies, matted and attached to the sentiment panel. Also tucked in there is an All Aflutter die. There are also Dreamy Leaves dies which were stamped with the greenery from the Dream Big set. The 'hello' sentiment is from Remember This, part of Verve's latest release.
Here's this week's Viva La Verve sketch:
(For participating in all 5 sketches for the month, you have a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to the Verve store!)
The fourth week of the month includes an inspiration picture as well. Here's one that will hopefully inspire you to pull out those bold colors and add flowers and butterflies:
These are the stamp sets I used:
And all the dies:
Noted below are two ways you can win some shiny new Verve!
- Win a $40 Verve gift certificate! Play along with our March Diva Dare and link up your creation to the linky widget entry form. A winner will be chosen by random draw. To be eligible, your entry must:
- Be a new creation - posted April 12th or later.
- Be a card or project using bright colours and having a flower and/or butterfly (or other die shape) as your focal point.
- Use at least one Verve product.
- Be added to the linky widget before 5pm Mountain on Wednesday, May 1.
- Win a Verve set of your choosing! Leave a little shout-out for the Divas in the comments section as we post our answers to this month's dare weekdays through April 29th. A random comment winner will be chosen from all the comments over the course of the Dare.
Winners will be chosen at random.
Good luck and have fun!
Stamps: Remember This, Dream Big (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Farmhouse (Crate Paper), Black, Confetti White (SU!)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Banner Bundle dies, Flag-It dies, Dreamy Leaves die, Curvy Bookplate die, Mini Bookplate die All Aflutter die (Verve~A Cut Above dies), Black/White baker's Twine (Hemptique), silver & yellow pearls (Michael's $1 bin), Onyx Pearl & White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), paper distresser
Size: 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"