Buttons and bling? Oh, yeah...I'm down with that! I dedicate all these lovely pearls and that sweet, dependable bow (that her cards are so famous for) to lovely Maureen. I added lots of layers as well to this card in dedication to Laurie, who's beautiful style vacillates from classic to whimsy with simple ease and grace. I started off with a base of Attic Treasures papers, sewing the inside panels after distressing them with Walnut Stain ink. I then added the scalloped panel across the middle, layered lace, satin ribbon, more lace and finally a strip of white pearls. The bow was added after, and adorned with a hemp bow, button and pearl. More pearls in the form of a flourish and then lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Verve's latest release, Beautiful Plain Jane onto the empty space of the top panel. (Which in retrospect, I should have done first since all that dimension got in the way...) Can't force creativity sometimes! :) Oh, then lastly LASTLY I decided on the Onyx Pearl border around the outside perimeter. Love me some dots!
The Divas are going to be posting their Diva Dare creations using our newly released products right here, each weekday, for a total of two weeks. And what does that mean? There are going to be winners, so you need to get your entries in! We'll announce the winners on Thursday, March 28th. Check below for the down-low on how to participate:
Here are two ways you can win some shiny new Verve!
- Win a $40 Verve gift certificate! Play along with our March Diva Dare and link up your creation to the linky widget entry form. A winner will be chosen by random draw. To be eligible, your entry must:
- Be a new creation - posted March 8th or later.
- Be inspired by a Verve card or project combining Diva Maureen and Diva Laurie's style.
- Use at least one Verve product.
- Be added to the linky widget before 5pm Mountain on Wednesday, March 27.
- Win a Verve set of your choosing! Leave a little shout-out for the Divas in the comments section as we post our answers to this month's dare weekdays through March 25th. A random comment winner will be chosen from all the comments over the course of the Dare.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!
Stamps: Beautiful Plain Jane (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Attic Treasures collection (Melissa Frances), Black, Confetti White
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Walnut Stain distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: PE-02CB-132 (Symmetrical Flourishes Pearl (D) White), PEW-03CB-117 (Basic Lines Pearl-White (0.3cm) Zva Creative, lace, Black satin ribbon, button, hemp, Onyx Pearl Liquid Pearls, dauber, sewing machine, Scalloped border punch (SU!)
Size: 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"